Monday, November 12, 2012

Number One

Well, post number one :) finally here.

If you are an amateur, it always shows not matter how well you try to hide it, so better then just admit it. That is my logic. I am an amateur blogger and this is my first post and I admit it :).

So wondering what to share first I decided, that a "Thank you" card, made for my yoga teacher will be an appropriate begging.

I like yoga, but I am not very active in my daily practice. After my pregnancy and birth I discovered the most relaxing and at the same time charging yoga practice, that helped me - both psychically and mentally. It was Vanda Scaravelli's yoga philosophy and I had the most wonderful teacher - Maaret. She made me feel comfortable, safe, helped me relax during our practice, and never ill at ease. It was wonderful to have her as my yoga mentor. A good yoga teacher, someone who can create a rapport atmosphere is a necessity for a successful yoga practice and I did trust Maaret completely.

After nine months of weekly yoga lessons, it was time to say "Good bye" to Maaret, but her wonderful lessons will always be with me. This is the "Thank you" card, I made for her. 


Materials for the card:

Pink card base
Paper by PaperPack  by Tiimari (a very common local Finnish crafts and gifts store)
Flower stamp by Sinneli  (probably my favorite store in Helsinki, it's a crafts store, for hard-core crafters like me, who are willing to waste time and money. I can probably live there :) )
Fiskars squeeze punch - heart
Fiskars corner punch
Fiskars crafts scissors
White transparent ribbon (a left over from our wedding crafts :) )
White acrylic paint
Glue and 3D adhesive foam squares

Technique: 

Acrylic paint gives very nice texture used together with stamps. Some rubber stamps are recommended to be used only with water based colors, but I found out that acrylic paint does not damage the surface of the stamp, and at the same time gives nice relief to the final result. Do not apply too much paint over the stamp, as it smears the image. Clean the stamp with warm water and a brush.




Well, I can't help closing that post with a wonderful message, I learned from my yoga teacher - to enjoy my breath.  So, close your eyes and enjoy your breath! We all have that magical ability in us :).


A picture taken at my yoga courses

No comments:

Post a Comment